Age : 52
Date of Appointment : 14 June 2010
Membership of Board Committees
• Bachelor of Science in Botany, University of Yangon
• MBA (Banking & Finance), Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
• Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Yangon Institute of Economics
• MBA, Yangon Institute of Economics
• Awarded 3rd for Applied Business Projects Award 2018–2019, Bangor University, UK
• Certified member of MIoD - completed Director Certification Program (DCP)
Daw Khin Moe Nyunt is the Board member and Co-Founder of uab bank. She is an active philanthropist with a history of supporting education, as well as children’s care and the culture, among other things. She initiated a program to identify outstanding students from impoverished backgrounds and collect funds to send them abroad for further studies.
She then turned her attention to Yangon’s Monastic Education Centre, which provides room, board, education and healthcare to orphaned children, many from conflict areas in Myanmar. Under her guidance, the Foundation has consistently provided support to the Centre, including constructing a five-storey building to provide accommodation for more than 200 children and outfitting it with beds, storage, and other facilities based on international standards for children’s homes.
Furthermore, Daw Khin Moe Nyunt is an active member of the Myanmar Women Entrepreneurs’ Association (MWEA) and the Myanmar Women’s Affair Federation (MWAF), where she supports poverty alleviation and microfinance programs. In 2006, she also participated in the poverty alleviation workshop for women held in Cambodia.