uab bank as the provider of e-wallet service, called uab Wallet Powered by uab bank . The applicant wishing to use the uab Wallet service, need to agree to be bound by and comply with the terms and conditions of the service (the “Conditions of this Service”), as follows:
1. uab bank as the provider of e-wallet service offers the uab Wallet service for natural persons, age 18 years and older, Myanmar nationals, or those having qualifications. The main objective of this service is for payments to the merchants, online bill payment, mobile top up etc.
2. The applicant is required to install the uab Wallet App and apply to be the uab Wallet App user per the terms determined by uab bank, on mobile phone or tablet or electronic device (the “Device”) of the applicant, and apply for the uab Wallet service per the procedure determined by uab bank. The system will set the amount in the uab Wallet as 0 (zero) MMK mininum amount and for 1 (one) wallet per 1 (one) mobile phone per 1 (one) national ID (NRC or Passport) card number and link it with the uab Wallet App.
3. The user ID and/or password (the “PIN”) and/or One-Time Password (OTP) and/or any device that the applicant uses to log in to the uab Wallet App (here in after referred to as the “Funds Transfer Tool”) in order to use the service must comply with the Conditions of this Service, including (but not limited to) logging in to the uab Wallet service and/or for the confirmation to use the wab Wallet service.
3.1 Under the Conditions of this Service, if uab bank requires the applicant to use the service via the Funds Transfer Tool, the applicant must specify the Funds Transfer Tool per the conditions and procedure determined by uab bank in order to use the service via a respective channel.
3.2 The applicant is required to keep the Funds Transfer Tool secure and confidential. Disclosure/giving the Funds Transfer Tool to a third person is considered as a violation of the Conditions of this Service.
3.3 Regarding any actions, including (but not limited to) the application and use of services, payment, funds transfer, identity verification, approval of transactions, agreement/revision/change/addition related to the Conditions of this Service, the terms and conditions/services/fees for the use of services of uab bank and/or any person/juristic either undertaken by the applicant or any person via the Funds Transfer Tool, the applicant agrees that such actions are complete and binding upon the applicant as if they have been undertaken by the applicant, and have been electronically signed by the applicant with uab bank as evidence for having fully and accurately undertaken respective transactions from the confirmation date of those transactions.
The applicant also agrees to accept and acknowledge the risks involved in the use of the services via electronic channels, because the applicant can conduct transactions without the need to use documents or any evidence for additional confirmation and/or submission to uab bank unless otherwise specified by uab bank, and the applicant is required to examine the outstanding balance after conducting each transaction.
Methods to use the uab Wallet service
4.1 Top up/funds transfer to the uab Wallet
(1) The applicant can top up/transfer funds to the uab Wallet of the applicant via account transfer or other channels/services determined by uab bank (topup with MPU card (any bank), top up with uab services company etc) , or receive funds transferred from other Wallets.
(2) The amount of each top up/funds transfer to the uab Wallet must not be less than the minimum amount/transaction (1000 MMK ) determined by uab bank, and the total amount in the Wallet must not exceed the maximum amount (200,000 MMK) determined by uab bank. The applicant can check the maximum amount by which they can top up/transfer funds to the Wallet via each other or the uab account transfer or other topup channels etc.
4.2 Payment and funds transfer
(1) Payment and funds transfer methods
– For payment via the scan function, the applicant is advised to read details on payment via QR Code per the standards determined by uab bank.
– For payment and funds transfer, uab bank shall deduct funds from the applicant’s Wallet at the amount paid or transferred to the other Wallets of deposit accounts specified by the applicant.
(2) The applicant can make funds transfer as many times as they wish and at a total amount of not more than 50,000 (fifity thousand) MMK per each transfer or at the amount to be announced by uab bank in the future.
(3) The applicant can make funds transfer from the applicant’s uab Wallet to other uab Wallets or deposit accounts per the conditions determined by uab bank not more than once a day at a total amount of not more than () MMK or at the amount to be announced by uab bank in the future.
(4) Funds in the uab Wallet cannot be withdrawn as cash via ATM, with the exception of funds transfer or payment as stipulated in the Conditions of this Service only. Funds in the uab Wallet can be used indefinitely; there is no expiration date.
The applicant accepts that they are not entitled to interest or any remuneration from the outstanding balance in the uab Wallet.
The applicant can view payment and/or funds transfer transactions for the past 1 (one) year of the date of the latest transaction via the Grab App.
For Payment Service, The applicant is required to examine the completeness and accuracy of payment for goods/services/funds transfer information, including (but not limited to) name of the merchant, transaction amount, mobile phone number and email address (if any).
For payment service, the applicant accepts that uab bank is only a service provider per the instruction of the applicant. uab bank is not involved in the agreement, terms or rights and duties between the applicant and the merchants, and has no duty to examine the quality, completeness, accuracy, authenticity or recentness of goods and services.
If (1) there is any error, flaw, delay or damage arising from the fact that the merchants cannot sell their goods/services in accordance with the conditions that they have advertised and/or promoted/offered; or (2) the systems and/or conditions of the uab Wallet App and/or merchants encounter a failure/error/have been changed/cancelled for whatever reason; or
(3) the applicant has complaints about the payment amount, quality or delivery of goods/services of the merchants; or
(4) the applicant wishes to cancel and/or return goods/services, the applicant agrees to directly conduct an examination with and file complaints to uab Wallet and/or the merchants and avoid taking any action that will cause uab bank to be involved in the dispute between the applicant and Grab and/or the merchants, and if the applicant wishes to submit the petition and/or claim for any rights, the applicant shall pursue the matter with Grab and/or the merchants separately.
Information, news and various sales promotional programs of uab bank are considered data of uab bank. uab bank reserves the rights to such data and strictly prohibits anyone from copying, duplicating, modifying, amending or taking any action deemed as a violation of copyright and disclosing or sending such data to other persons.
The applicant agrees to give consent to uab bank to deduct funds from the applicant’s Wallet so that uab bank can conduct transactions and/or undertake actions per the method of the Conditions of this Service without prior notice. uab bank shall send evidence for account debit to the applicant.
The applicant agrees to authorize uab bank to deduct funds from uab pay Wallet and/or deposit account of any type that the applicant holds with uab bank or the sum under the possession, care and/or authority of KBank, regardless of how uab bank has obtained such possession, care and/or authority, for payment of debt and/or liabilities of the applicant immediately, without prior notice. Uab bank shall send evidence for account debit to the applicant.
If funds in the uab Wallet and/or the deposit account and/or aforesaid funds are insufficient for account debiting for payment of debt and/or liabilities of the applicant, the applicant agrees to pay the outstanding debt to uab bank in full.
The applicant can use various services that uab bank will offer during a specific period under the Conditions of this Service and the terms and conditions determined by uab bank. The applicant will be notified of such services on a case-by-case basis.
Collection, use or disclosure of information
The applicant agrees to allow uab bank to collect and use the information of the applicant provided to or via uab bank or uabBank has received or obtained from other sources for the purpose of providing services to the applicant, undertaking operations per the applicant’s request prior to service provision, assigning work to another person to support the services regarding IT, communications, collection or any other tasks, transferring rights or duties, legal compliance, risk management, audit, internal management, compliant handling, and/or for other purposes necessary for the significant operations of uab bank or to allow uab bank to continue to provide services with fairness. The applicant also agrees to authorize such recipients of information from uab bank to collect, use and disclose such information under said purposes, and send and/or transfer such information to keep on a server/cloud in other countries.
If the applicant wishes to amend the information or details, the applicant is required to give prior notice to uab bank via over the branch counter per the methods determined by uab bank.
If there is error in payment/funds transfer which has not been caused by uab bank, the applicant shall examine the error and claim money from the applicant’s disputing counterparty. If the applicant has any defense and/or right to claim, the applicant shall directly contact their disputing counterparty.
The applicant certifies that any documents, data or details that have appeared or been delivered to uab bank in any format, either by the applicant or the applicant’s assignee, are complete, true and up-to-date, and they can be used by uab bank to provide services and for updating uab bank’s system. The applicant has the right and legal authority to request the use of any service and transaction related to the uab Wallet service.
Fees/Service Charges/Expenses/Penalty Fees/Taxes and Duties
22.1 The applicant agrees to pay for using the service regardless of whether it is called a fee, service charge or another name within the due date for payment of respectively , without delay.
22.2 The applicant agrees to be responsible for the costs, taxes, duties and any expenses related to the service (if any). If uab bank has to make advance payments for the costs, taxes, duties and/or such expenses mentioned in the preceding paragraph on behalf of the Applicant (if any), the Applicant agrees to repay them to uab bank immediately.
Change in Conditions of Service Usage
23.1 If the change in conditions of service usage causes the applicant to incur more burden or risk, such a change shall require prior consent from the applicant.
23.2 If other conditions are to be changed, the applicant agrees to authorize uab bank to make the change as it deems appropriate. If the change affects the applicant’s use of the service (such as adjustment of service fees to reflect rising costs, change to service channels, change to due date), uab bank shall expressly communicate, or give notice of, material information of the change to the applicant at least 30 (thirty) days in advance or within the period required by law.
23.3 If uab bank is required by law or rules and regulations to proceed with change in other specific conditions, the applicant agrees to authorize uab bank to act in compliance with the law or rules and regulations.
24. Suspension/termination of the uab Wallet service
24.1. uab bank has the right to suspend or terminate the services, whether in whole or in part, or for any particular applicant, at any time, with prior notice given to the applicant. Regarding the following facts, the applicant agrees that uab bank can immediately suspend or terminate the services, whether in whole or in part, as uab bank seems appropriate. The applicant agrees that uab bank will not be held responsible for damages caused by the following:
(1) The applicant has provided any inaccurate and untruthful information, details, certification or confirmation, or they may cause any material misunderstanding.
(2) There is any factual information that leads uab bank to believe that the information or details that the applicant has given to uab bank in order to proceed with or to provide the uab Wallet service may cause negative impacts on uab bank or on other the third party,
(3) The applicant has breached any item of the Conditions of this Service, including a failure to pay fees/service charges/expenses/penalty fees/taxes and stamp duties (if any) incurred.
(4) uab bank cannot deduct funds to undertake operations per the Conditions of this Service.
(6) The uab wallet App account and/or mobile phone number used to apply for the uab Wallet has been suspended and/or cancelled and/or changed.
(5) The applicant has died.
24.2 If the applicant wishes to terminate the uab Wallet service, the applicant is required to ensure that there is an outstanding balance of 0 (zero) MMK in the uab Wallet. The applicant may submit the request for termination of the uab Wallet service via uab Center at 01—xxxxx,
24.3 The termination of this Agreement, for whatever reason, shall not abrogate the applicant’s outstanding obligations under the Conditions of this Service until such obligations are completely fulfilled.
uab bank may transfer the rights or benefits or duties, either in whole or in part, under the Conditions of this Service to any individual or financial institution, as uab bank deems appropriate, without any consent from the applicant, but with notice given to the applicant Nonetheless, the applicant cannot transfer the rights and/or benefits and/or duties, either wholly or partly, under the Conditions of this Service to any individual and/or financial institution, unless a prior written consent is given by uab bank.
Whenever the Conditions of this Service or other related terms and conditions become void, illegitimate, invalid or unenforceable, the other remaining terms and conditions (as the case may be) shall remain legally valid and enforceable; they shall not be affected by voidability, illegitimacy, invalidity or unenforceability of those terms and conditions.
The Conditions of this Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Myanmar law, and the court of competent jurisdiction in Myanmar will have exclusive jurisdiction in case of dispute under the Conditions of this Service.