Age : 54
Date of Appointment : 14 June 2010
Membership of Board Committees
• Board Risk Committee (Chairman)
• Board Advisory & Strategy Committee (Member)
• Board Credit Committee (Member)
• Board Audit Committee (Member)
• Board Nomination & Remuneration Committee (Member)
• Bachelor of Commerce, Yangon Institute of Economics
• Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Administration, Yangon Institute of Economics
• Postgraduate Diploma in Economics, Yangon Institute of Economics
• Master of Public Administration, Yangon Institute of Economics
• Certified member of MIoD
• Completed Director Certification Program, IOD Thailand.
U Than Win Swe is the former CEO of the Bank since the beginning of uab bank in Jun 2010 until August 2016. After that, he was appointed as a board member of uab bank.
Under his leadership, the Bank won several awards in financial services such as the Best Trade Finance Bank Myanmar 2015 by International Finance Awards, Fastest Growing Private Bank Myanmar 2014 by Global Banking and Finance Awards and 50 years ADB TFP Award by Asian Development Bank – Trade Finance Program, etc.
U Than Win Swe has around 24 years of experience in financial services, trading, real estate, construction, energy, hospitality and telecommunications.
He brings with him unparallel knowledge in many industries and also in banking.